What is online customer engagement software?
A customer engagement software is a computer program specially designed to strengthen relationships with customers and prospects. The primary purpose of these tools is to promote interactions between a brand and its community. Since this mission requires a powerful and reliable discussion support, the software offers easy-to-use modules to achieve this objective.
How does it work?
To build customer confidence, it is essential to assist them. Thanks to online customer engagement software, this can be done via an Internet platform. The solution will be hosted on a third party server or that of a partner. The interface will be synchronized, allowing for collaborative work. Even remotely, team members can access their back office to monitor the progress of marketing operations.
The first step to benefit from this type of software is to subscribe to a fixed price. Once this step is completed, the required information must be completed, including the name of the company, its size, objectives, etc. This process will lead to access to a private platform.
What are the main features of SaaS customer engagement software?
The options to be considered for such solutions are as follows:
At the basis of any project, it is essential to prepare specifications. To centralize all the information, the tool in question must include a module to add objectives over a specific time period. In parallel, the data is synchronized to allow the user to determine the performance of the brand's marketing strategy in real time.
Set up an analysis
The study of statistical data must be reinforced by the tool. Indeed, this type of program is more reliable if it has a powerful algorithm that can help the user to quickly understand the behaviour of his customers. The strategies to be adopted can then be anticipated.
Create a community
The collection of important data is usually done in discussion forums. To encourage customers to communicate, these tools must support the exchange support. A platform (page, email, chatbot, etc.) dedicated to all followers of the brand will be set up to promote interaction and lead to specific opinions to make certain improvements.
Who uses customer engagement software?
Anyone who has a product or service for sale can use this type of program. However, large companies and brands are investing more in these applications as SaaS to strengthen their marketing operations. Currently, there are ways to adapt to the size of each team, which makes the tool accessible to any profile.
Why to use customer engagement software in a company?
There are many reasons for companies to turn to its solutions:
- The computerization of certain time-saving tasks.
- The opportunity to implement programmed responses.
- Remote monitoring of the evolution of the marketing project.
- The ability to link with automation marketing applications, which promotes loyalty campaigns.
- The saving of manpower.
- The tools offered free of charge are rather limited in terms of functionality.
How to choose an online customer engagement software?
- The size of the company: suppliers of this type of program adapt their offer according to the size of the project. Thus, it is important to see in advance if the specifications match the modules proposed by the publisher.
- The ergonomics of the tool: it is important to check if this type of solution is easy to use. This criterion is essential, because the better the interface is arranged, the more time the user can save in terms of handling.
- Online assistance: having customer support available to solve any problems is a plus not to be underestimated for this type of tool. It is necessary to check the possibilities of exchanges proposed by the editor if it is profitable for the team or not. This can be done by email, chat or directly via phone call.
- Cost: before making a decision, the calculation must be made. As the packages are fixed per month or per year, it is important to check which one best suits the user's budget. It is even possible to contact the customer manager and negotiate the price, especially if it is a multi-year project.
Complementary solutions of Customer Engagement
Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
Reservation & Booking
Sales Force Automation
Point of Sale (POS)
Predictive Lead Scoring