The call center software guide
In order not to waste time but also in terms of efficiency, it is essential to centralize information. All data must be able to appear clearly and instantly. This is what the call center software offers you. It also acts as an interactive voice server and invites you to control your call center in computer telephony integration (CTI). This makes it easier to link your telephone sets to your IT structure.
A real commercial management tool, it has become essential for very small businesses and SMEs that want to move towards a more ambitious future. This is an asset that promotes the development of a simple CRM and the fluidity of incoming calls in your company. A prospect or customer who waits too long or feels unwelcome may not come back to you at the next request. Take care of customer relations by professionalizing your contact center and your company telephony.
What is call center software?
A Call center software is a software solution designed to provide unified communications, develop a telemarketing strategy and develop customer management processes. It provides the link between IT and telephony in order to allow you to launch telephone calls with a single click and facilitate sales management procedures.
In addition, you can set up pre-recorded messages (Interactive Voice Server) in order to route requests as efficiently as possible to the right person. And to supervise your employees' training, record conversations to decipher errors and suggest areas for improvement.
What features should it have?
There are a large number of CRM tools and prospecting software, but they do not all have the same level of performance. Before you start, try to determine your company's needs so that you don't invest in software that is too complex. To guide you, here are some features that most call center software has:
- Telephony integration: It provides you with a one-click connection thanks to predictive or progressive dialing. Don't waste any more time dialing numbers.
- Multi-site management: Your company is spread over several sites? No problem, the call center software provides management of all sites in a single center.
- Listening and real time surveillance: Pay attention to your employees' answers and give them some information without the customer being able to hear it.
- Segmentation of contact lists to better understand your core target audience.
- VoIP Internet telephony
- Call logging and automation of conversation recording.
- Programming reminders
- Real-time performance analysis.
- Access to prospect and customer files to obtain the history of conversations already carried out.
- Integration with your other software solutions or CRM tools.
Why is call center software an asset for your company?
Telephone reception is essential for a company. It highlights a positive or negative image of your services but it is also a performance tool. If you can't process all requests quickly, you may disappoint some of your customers or miss deals to close with new prospects. Most large companies have understood the importance of welcoming their customers. By choosing a call center software, you benefit from:
- A real agility of your commercial activity or customer management.
- Clearer, more efficient and professional contact management solutions.
- Greater efficiency of your sales or administrative teams.
- Better collaboration through information sharing and permanent access to customer and prospect records.
- More competitiveness by answering more phone calls.
- Unified communications by following protocols.
- A more efficient appointment scheduling.
- Direct marketing actions and sales processes that reach their targets.
Software in SaaS or in-house?
Both call center software solutions have their advantages and disadvantages. We would tend to offer you to test solutions in SaaS mode because it is faster to get started and you are supported by the technical support of the software publisher. SaaS also has the advantage of being constantly updated and highly scalable.
However, you must agree to place all your company's data on a remote platform that can never fully guarantee infallible security. Nevertheless, many efforts have been made to offer a very high level of security.
Test it! This is the best thing to do before investing in call center software. Many publishers give you access to a free trial period. Feel free to try several of them in order to choose the most appropriate one.
Complementary solutions of Call Center
Client Relationship Management
Reservation & Booking
Sales Force Automation
Point of Sale (POS)
Predictive Lead Scoring
Configure Price Quote (CPQ)