Redmine is a web-based project management software, which is very popular amongst developers because it offers a highly adjustable interface and remains free in all circumstances.
Entirely adjustable project management software
Redmine is extremely adjustable which means that it can be easily adapted to your projects. You can create as many fields as you wish on tickets (action requests) in order to group and filter them quickly. You can also create versions of your product or services in order to track their development. Setting up Redmine is not a quick process, however this project management tool makes up for it by meeting all of your needs and limitations.
A free Open Source alternative to Jira
Redmine is without a doubt an excellent alternative to Jira. It incorporates all aspects of project management:
- Unlimited amount of users and secure login with password
- Overview of all current projects
- Product roadmap: roadmap of all future developments
- List of requests: this list is entirely adjustable and allows you to sort, filter, and group requests. You can also create personalized lists which you can keep for yourself or share with other members of your team.
- Create action requests in the form of tickets. Tickets are made up of a title, a description and a number. All other fields are adjustable. Redmine users can quickly access any ticket by typing "#" followed by the ticket number.
- Reports: Redmine does not feature graphic dashboards but it does offer Gantt charts, burndown charts and a calendar.
- The document library and wiki page allow you to centralize the knowledge of all project members in one place which is easily accessible to all.
Strengths of Redmine
Redmine demo and screenshots
No customer reference