What is a Password Manager?
A password manager is a computer tool that allows you to save identifiers, passwords, and other information related to a service (URL, notes, file, expiration date) in an encrypted and protected database by a master password.
How it Works
Password management applications generally offer a password generator with special and upper case characters to maximize the level of security. Choose a password manager that has a plugin for your web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari) so that it automatically inserts your authentication information (username + password) into the site login form. This avoids manipulating your accesses and thus exposing them to theft. Do not use the same password for all your sites for security reasons.
The password sharing function is also very interesting. It allows you for example to update a password without disturbing the uses of your employees. They will continue to connect normally to a shared application without even knowing that the password has changed.
Features of a Password Manager for Businesses
Choose your password generator software seriously. It is important that you select the software provider that will offer you a software solution that focuses on security above all. Check that the software has:
- A flexible setting: the creation of passwords must be advanced using special characters and unlimited combinations
- Storage of personal data or valuable documents: identity documents, payment receipts, information relating to bank cards
- A quick search function and the automatic entry of passwords during a connection
- A filling module of long forms with address, telephone numbers, email addresses
- Sharing of credentials with a third party
- Adding emergency contacts
- Integration with browsers or functions over applications
- Authorization for users to create, modify, or randomize passwords
- Why group, protect and share passwords?
- Whether you're an individual, a freelancer, or a business, the number of usernames and passwords you have to connect to your online applications can quickly become unmanageable. The worst option is to save them to a Word or Excel file. The manager therefore offers a lot of advantages.
Cybersecurity requires you to change passwords regularly and this can be really tedious. Choosing a password manager software provides the following benefits:
- You store all your passwords in one place and you will find them easily
- It creates a secure and unique password for all online accounts on which you sign up
- Encryption of sensitive data stored on the password manager software
- Saving time with the filling of web forms
- The information of purchase forms with your credit card number
- Secure sharing of data with one of your relatives or collaborators
- High mobility with access to PC, Mac, smartphone or tablet
- It is impossible to hack the encrypted data of a password manager
- It protects Keyloggers in the sense that you do not write the password. Spyware can not recover your passwords
- Corporate versions of password managers are paid
- Open Source tools can be used locally (by network password sharing)
- It is imperative to permanently memorize the master password using mnemothechniques means (only password to remember)
- Do not forget to lock the manager before moving away from the workstation
- No tools support digital borrowing (biometrics is the only real alternative to the password)
Which Criteria Should You Look at to Choose Your Password Manager?
Face the multitude of passwords to remember by relying on the skills of a password manager software. Many Internet accounts require you to create a unique password and it can be hard to remember all of those passwords. The process is easy for the sites that you consult regularly. On the other hand, if you only connect occasionally to certain sites, you will find it very difficult to recall the passwords you have indicated. The word generator software is accessible by a single master password. You only have one word to remember instead of 50 or 60 passwords to unlock your accounts! To choose a manager, there are two criteria: security and flexibility of daily use.
What is a Password Generator?
The password generator software is an invulnerable tool that you will always have on hand and memorizes all the passwords for you. It is often recommended to use a different password for each website. However, it is very complicated to remember more than 30 or 40 unique passwords. The password generator software develops complex passwords that are almost impossible to hack into. Securing defined words by opting for special characters is what the word generator software offers you.
It is also very useful for real-time security alerts if the site you are visiting is compromised. Each word is unique and randomly assigned. Your online accounts are safer with high-level authentication.
Comparison of Free, Premium and Open Source Password Managers
There is free software for password generation but we advise you to be very careful and select a software company that already has a presence on the market! Do not commit to downloading unsecure software because you will give access to sensitive data about your private or professional life. Choose a software solution that has already proven its worth, such as Dashlane or Roboform. IT security is not to be taken lightly if you want to avoid having to deal with hackers of your online accounts. Compare the different solutions and make the most of the free trial offers!
Create a unique and secure password for all of your online accounts by choosing a password manager software! Fill out the forms quickly on the internet and connect to your favorite sites in one click! Ask your software provider for advice on using a password manager.
Free & Premium
- Zoho Password Manager
Complementary solutions of Password Manager
Web Crawler Management
IT Service Management (ITSM)
Backend As A Service (BaaS)
IT Asset Management (ITAM)
Application Platform as a Service (aPaaS)
Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS)
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
Identity & Access Management
Bug & Issue Tracking
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)