Advice on CMS
A CMS (Content Management System) software is a web software that allows you to create a dynamic website easily. These applications (such as webself, oxatis or SiteW) have the following characteristics:
- data integration: content is easier to upload and you will find the same icons as in word processors
- the separation between content and form: the added content does not change the already configured layout of your web pages
- Online access: these CMS software are accessible on the Internet with all the elements available in an autonomous database
The publication of the contents is done in real time, without any particular technical knowledge. The referencing of your shop window on the web will then be improved by your new content!
To know more about website creation, discover our guides on CMS and website creation.
The cms software guide
Creating an e-commerce store or building a multilingual website without the need for a team of professional developers is possible! For this, choose a cms software! The CMS is the Content Management System. In French, we speak of a content management system. It is a software that offers the possibility to quickly create an Internet site, Extranet or even to create collaborative portals. Some content management tools are specialized in various fields such as ecommerce, education or associations.
What is cms software?
The cms software is ideal to create a website without having strong technical knowledge. Putting online, defining a graphic charter or administering user access... all these tasks are carried out simply in a few minutes with a cms software. You will have the pleasure of seeing your own website born or of creating an online store without any difficulty. All you have to do is import your texts and images.
It should be noted that the CMS software offers the possibility of implementing files in different formats. Thus you will have the opportunity to import photos, videos, animations or texts to enhance your website.
What features should it have?
There are a large number of open-source or paid cms software, but not all of them have the same features. In addition to software solutions specialized in a particular professional field, your cms software must have the following features:
- The creation of pages according to a configurable graphic charter;
- Administration of users and regulated access
- Simple functions to extract elements from a spreadsheet or word processing software;
- Crop, resize and compress your images;
- Management of publication dates after validation by the main administrator;
- Natural referencing in order to be easily found on search engines;
- The incrementation of customizable forms;
- Adding modules such as forums, newsletters, a glossary or news related to your company;
- Access to a media library with photos, videos, music or various documents;
- The management of rights by the role of each user (RBAC);
- Multi-site management;
- Page archiving and draft mode
- A workflow to manage content before publication.
And why is content management software an asset for your company?
By choosing a content management software to create a website, you ensure:
- A reduction in development costs: You no longer need a large team of developers to create and manage your site. No technical knowledge is required to use open source solutions or paid software. To create a site, you just need to get started with the software in a few minutes. Very intuitive, website creation becomes very simple.
- A workflow to better manage the content to be published: With this feature, your editorial team can import articles, videos or animations at the same time without any worries. The publication manager has the possibility to validate the contribution before it is actually put online.
- To find a quick answer to your questions: Most cms have deployed user communities that exchange information and good tips.
- A great modularity: you have the possibility to add or remove modules in order to best meet your company's needs.
- A graphic charter that corresponds to the colors of your company.
- Optimized and easy to understand natural referencing: Indeed, it doesn't do much good to create a sublime website if it isn't available on search engines. By boosting your natural referencing, you will gain places for a good position on search engines.
Free or paid software?
In terms of cms software, you will find open source solutions or software for creating paid sites. It then depends on the needs or features you will need. The free cms software often offers limited functions. This type of open source solution may be appropriate if you have reduced needs and have not had to regularly rework your website.
If you are several to work on the showcase site, you will probably have to invest in a more efficient software. The workflow is not necessarily available in free software. Feel free to compare the offers of site editors in order to select the best cms.
Creating your website as easily as a development professional is possible! Get an incredible result by benefiting from practical and customizable web applications with cms software!
Complementary solutions of CMS
Product Data Feed Management
Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
Public Relations (PR)
Customer Data Platform (CDP)
Social Media Marketing
Digital Asset Management (DAM)
Personalization and Behavioral Targeting