What is the Purpose of a CMMS Tool?
CMMS tools are similar to software packages, i.e. they go far beyond traditional software: they are perfectly integrated into the company's information system.
Overall, CMMS software packages make it possible to detect, monitor or report on the status of an information system. They make it possible to replace the time-consuming daily tracking of production, financial, HR and strategic data that can highlight a sudden change, a flaw, an opportunity, etc.
CMMS software finds applications in all the company's functions, but the main ones can be identified as:
- Monitoring of equipment such as cars, computers, production machines
- Management of corrective or preventive maintenance
- Stock management in order to replenish stocks, for example, if the stock limit is reached
- Human resources management within a project management or salaried personnel management framework.
- Strategic management of the company by measuring KPIs
What is Predictive Maintenance?
Predictive maintenance refers to the technology used to collect and interpret industrial data (overheating, delays, etc.) in order to infer the risks of future failures and to process them before the failure occurs. Predictive maintenance is not the same as corrective maintenance that occurs during a failure.
Complementary solutions of CMMS
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
Business Process Management (BPM)
Field Service Management
Product Information Management (PIM)
Product Lifecycle Management
Supply Chain Management
Project Portfolio Management (PPM)
Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC)
Computer-Aided Design (CAD)
Material Resource Planning (MRP)
Event Check In