What is HR software?
HR software is designed to manage ALL issues related to resource planning.
Human resources programs have two main functions:
- Employee management: salary management, payroll, labor law, time organization, personnel planning...
- Resource management: training, hiring, recruitment, skills, productivity indicators...
Characteristics of a Human Resources software
- Manpower management: skills, availability, performance, productivity, evolution...
- Recruitment and training of employees: applicant monitoring, talent development, and performance management.
- Payroll management: salaries and social benefits.
- Control of schedules: absences, vacations, absences, workflows, time, and attendance.
- Automation of monotonous and repetitive tasks in order to gain profitability and productivity.
Features of the Human Resources software
- Management of absences,
- Workflow management and administrative tasks,
- Filling timesheets,
- Integration with other management solutions (accounting, payroll, ERP, etc.),
- Evaluation of performance indicators and analytical and employee performance reports,
- Employee records.
What companies use HR Software?
It is often thought that large corporations are the ones that use this type of software, however, SMEs also benefit from these solutions. Human resources programs in companies are not limited to simple personnel management.
So much so that there are HR management systems designed for specific sectors, a fact that diversifies and democratizes the use of this software.
Types of Human Resources Software
Human Resources Software according to functions
- Payroll programs,
- Talent management,
- Control of working hours and time,
- Control of absences,
- Workload management.
However, depending on the needs of your company's human resources department, you can also find HR programs for:
- Learning Management System (LMS),
- Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS),
- Recruitment and selection software,
- Competence management,
- Vacations and absences,
- Compensation management,
- Safety, health, and environment (SSM).
Human Resources Software according to the wing
We can classify types of human resource software in several ways, either by the specificity of their functions or by the site where they have been hosted (on a server - on-premise - or online - SaaS -).
Today, companies choose to use online or cloud-based human resources system, this option offers multiple advantages:
- You can work from anywhere and/or a device. That's right, you just need to have an internet connection to access the program.
- They are much cheaper than the classic software (those that you install on the computer or in the server of your company) since you only pay for what you use. In addition, they are modular solutions, you can remove or add functions according to the evolution of your needs.
- Updates are done automatically, allowing you to be up to date with labor law reforms.
Advantages and disadvantages of Human Resources Software
Advantages of having an HR program
- Simplify staff organization,
- Allow objective monitoring of the performance of your talent,
- Centralize and organize all the information related to your employees,
- Simplify the requirements of the Law,
- Increase workforce productivity,
- Have employee records,
- Optimize recruitment and training processes.
Understanding the functioning and evolution of your human resources allows you to make decisions based on facts and results.
Disadvantages of using a program for the management of Human Resources
- Time of configuration and formation. Like any new tool, it is necessary to spend time, in the beginning, to familiarize and configure according to our needs.
- Risk of data loss. If it is an online HR system, there is the possibility of losing data due to electronic failure or a computer attack. However, most human resource management software offers the possibility of recovering backups.
- Although you can find a large number of free solutions, it is generally better to foresee a budget for program purchase and maintenance costs. The choice of your IT solution depends on the needs of your company.
How to choose the best HR Software?
There are free HR programs that usually comply with the basic functions, some are free for only a limited time. Most of them offer the option of adding payment modules or switching to a payment option if you want to access more advanced features. These management tools may be suitable for small companies without many movements in their human resources, but if this is not your case or if you are looking for advanced functions, then consider how much you are willing to pay.
Criteria to take into account when choosing a Human Resources Software
- Sector and size of your company.
- Functions, characteristics and needs specific to your company.
- Opinions and evaluations of other users.
- Assistance and technical support from the supplier.
- Scalable, customizable, and flexible - Technology is constantly evolving, make sure your software publisher does too.
- Make the dashboard visually pleasing and easy to use!
The best Human Resources Software
It is a reference in terms of solutions for human resources management. It is a modular software and adapts to SMEs and large companies. Meta4 PeopleNet offers advanced functionalities such as:
- Career Plans.
- Occupational Risk Prevention.
- Remuneration management.
- Employee and Manager Portal.
It is a flexible, configurable, and constantly evolving solution for human resources management. It has an intuitive design that makes it easy to use and pleasant for the eyes. Cezanne is present in many countries and meets the needs of international companies, as it integrates global capabilities, is multilingual, and configured to work with different currencies.
It is an HR program for the management of payroll and human resources. This program allows employers and collaborators to work collaboratively. Employers can manage their payrolls simply and efficiently, and at the same time employees can make applications and check status and salary information.
It is an application designed for SMEs and developed to be used from the mobile. If your employees are constantly on the move, this may be the perfect solution for your company.
There is software for HR management open source, free, and paid. Our mission is to help you compare so that you can choose the one that best suits your company's needs and, of course, your budget.
Human Resources (HR) solutions
A Employee Recognition Software allows you to manage all tasks related to Human Resources (HR). Find and compare Employee Recognition Software for your business.
A Pre-employment Testing Software allows you to manage all tasks related to Human Resources (HR). Find and compare Pre-employment Testing Software for your business.
A Human Resources Management System (HRMS) is designed to manage all HR processes in your company: recruitment, training, payroll management, administrative management, etc. This set of tools allows you to structure, automate and streamline any HR task.
Attendance Tracking Software allows you to automate all tasks related to Human Resources (HR). Find and compare Attendance Tracking Software for your business.
An Applicant Tracking (ATS) Software allows you to automate all tasks related to Human Resources (HR). Find and compare Applicant Tracking (ATS) Software for your business.
A Video Interviewing Software allows you to automate all tasks related to Human Resources (HR). Find and compare Video Interviewing Software for your business.
Payroll Software lets you process your payroll and create custom & automatic payslips.
A Employee Wellness Software allows you to automate all tasks related to Human Resources (HR). Find and compare Employee Wellness Software for your business.
With time tracking software Human Resources departments can monitor the daily attendance of employees.
HR Data Management Software allow HR Departments to centralize your company's economic and social Data in order to share them with all employees.
Manage your staff attendance and time-off through Holiday Management Software: employee portal, validation workflow, integration with calendars and much more.
Employees are willing to learn but not in class anymore ! They need tutorials, videos, serious games and short training so they can improve their skills set. Browse all Training Software to see all modern options available
A Time Clock Software allows you to automate all tasks related to Human Resources (HR). Find and compare Time Clock Software for your business.
Recruiters need recruiting Software to publish job positions, source talents, manage the hiring pipeline and help the hiring team to make the right decision.
A Learning Management System (LMS) is designed to deliver online training progams.
Employee Engagement Software is an HR software that will help you keep your employees motivated and make them commit to your company's goals to boost the performance of your business.
A Gamification Software allows you to automate all tasks related to Human Resources (HR). Find and compare Gamification Software for your business.
A Workforce Management Software allows you to manage all tasks related to Human Resources (HR). Find and compare Workforce Management Software for your business.
Performance Appraisal Software allow you plan you manpower skills development and employees ability to achieve their goals and drive the company's mission.
Remote Working Systems allow you to provide your team with everything they need whereever they are : office, desk, meeting rooms, etc.
Talent management Software is a strategic tool in human resources management. With talent management software, you will be able to hire the best people, offer them great & fair career opportunities and engage with them.
Employee Scheduling Software allows businesses to manage all tasks related to Human Resources (HR). Find and compare Employee Scheduling Software for your business.
A Onboarding Software allows you to manage all tasks related to Human Resources (HR). Find and compare Onboarding Software for your business.
Complementary solutions of HR
Accounting & Finance
Sales & Customer Management